About the Topeka Chapter
The Topeka chapter includes Shawnee, Jackson, Nemaha, and Wabaunsee Counties.
One of our original chapters, the Topeka Chapter was, prior to Equality Kansas' founding, the Equal Justice Coalition. Topeka Chapter is notable for having worked to pass a domestic partnership registry and an inclusive non-discrimination ordinance in the City of Topeka. Additionally, Topeka Chapter leadership was successful in encouraging Topeka Public Schools (USD 501) to adopt a fully inclusive non-discrimination and bullying prevention policy for students and faculty.
Topeka Chapter News
- The Extent of Sexual Orientation Discrimination in Topeka, KS Survey February 17, 2006(Originally posted by Erin Norris to Topeka Chapter)(Read full post)
- Topeka KEC Meeting January 15, 2006(Originally posted by Lynne Leifer to Topeka Chapter) Start Time: Jan 25 2006 2:00AM End Time: Jan 17 2006 4:30AM Location: Marvin Auditorium (Topeka Shawnee County Library) Address: 1515 SW 10th Ave,Topeka, KS(Read full post)
- test December 27, 2005(Originally posted by Lynne Leifer to Topeka Chapter) just testing. Hi!(Read full post)
- test November 7, 2005(Originally posted by Erin Norris to Topeka Chapter)(Read full post)
- Topeka Chapter Organizational Meeting October 30, 2005(Originally posted by Kim Burton to Topeka Chapter) Start Time: Nov 22 2005 12:00AM End Time: Nov 22 2005 1:30AM Location: Address: Location TBD. Contact Lynne Leifer at Muserider@aol.com or (785) 554-1556.(Read full post)