Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Start Time: Feb 26 2013 1:00PM
End Time: Feb 27 2013 1:00AM
The City of Lawrence primary is today! Lawrence KEC Chapter vice-chair Scott Criqui is running for Lawrence City Commission and needs your vote.
There is likely to be a very low turnout today, so each vote counts more than ever. Bundle up brave the snow, and take a few extra minutes to go to he polls and cast your ballot for Scott.
If you are unsure of where to vote, Douglas County has a list of all polling places at http://www.douglas-county.com/depts/cl/ve/ve_votingsites.aspx
Changes in election law over the past two years now require all Kansans to present photo id at the polls. Acceptable forms of photo ID are:
• A Kansas or other state driver`s license or ID
• An ID issued by an Indian tribe
• A concealed carry license issued by Kansas or another state
• A United States passport
• An employee badge or ID issued by a government office
• A United States military ID
• A student ID issued by an accredited postsecondary institution of education in the state of Kansas
• A public assistance ID issued by a government office
According to the new law, the address on your ID does not have to match the address where you’re registered to vote. It’s to be used only to identify you.
***Do not leave the polling place without voting.*** The law gives you an opportunity to vote with a “provisional ballot,” which you cannot be denied. If you are forced to vote provisional, please contact the KEC main office at 316-260-4863 as soon as you leave your polling place. We will do all we can to make sure your provisional ballot is accepted and counted.